Alright – it’s back to the news bits! I’m taking a temporary break from full on recapping until Neighborhood’s Hero comes around, so in the meantime I’m going to catch up on some dramas and browse the news every week!
- The cast of Twenty Again is going to Phuket! Choi Ji Woo, Lee Sang Yoon, and Choi Won Young took a few adorable selfies at the airport and boarding the plane as they celebrated the end of Twenty Again. The last episode garnered 7.6% in ratings, which was the highest ever throughout the show’s run. It was hugely successful, and I think the show definitely did reach a peak. I just didn’t feel it by the last episode. In any case, it’s great to see the cast celebrating a huge win together. [link]
- Lee Joon Ki is in South Africa shooting Resident Evil: The Final Chapter with franchise star Milla Jovovich. Dang it! I don’t like the Resident Evil franchise, but I have to watch this now! It’s said to be the last film in the franchise, written and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. Lee is playing “Commander Lee” in the film, a totally new character but apparently has quite a major role. Looking forward to seeing him speak in English, or just standing there looking good. The film is set to premiere on January 2017. [link]
- Pictures of Park Shi Hoo, Jo Sung Ha, and Lee Soo Hyuk on set of Neighborhood’s Hero came out a while ago, but I just want us all to take a moment and appreciate the shower scene and Park’s abs, as well as Lee Soo Hyuk’s new ‘do. I strangely like the bleached out mop that’s on his head because it makes Lee Soo Hyuk look less threatening. He’s got really sharp features that give him a very severe look if his hair were too neat. [link] [link 2]
- Go Hyun Jung and Jo In Sung are confirmed for Dear My Friends, a new drama by Noh Hee Kyung. It’s so interesting that she’s actually writing a drama that will end up on a cable channel because I feel she could easily be airing with a main broadcaster; but tvN has been scoring a few big name stars these days in their dramas. The drama is about older and younger people who all become dear cherished friends, which makes it sound like a typical “human drama.” Go Hyun Jung has been cast as the female lead opposite Shin Sung Woo, who’s never been in a Noh Hee Kyung drama and also is making a drama comeback after five years. The cast also includes Kim Young Ok, Kim Ji Young, Kim Hye Ja, Na Moon Hee, Joo Hyun, Park Won Suk, and Go Doo Shim. Noh Hee Kyung veterans Jo In Sung, Sung Dong Il, and Lee Kwang Soo have signed on for cameo roles in this show; they were all previously seen in her last hit It’s Okay That’s Love. Dear My Friends will air on May 2016. [link] [link 2]
- Park Ki Woong’s contract with his agency has been terminated, and this comes four months before he’s going to be discharged from his military duties on February 7. Wonder what his next moves will be… [link]
- Speaking of a person who hasn’t been in many dramas lately, Jang Geun Suk is planning for a 2016 comeback in Korea. After his drama Pretty Man he was slated to appear in Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village with Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin. However due to his personal issues and scandal surrounding tax evasion, he was cut from the show and has been keeping a low profile. He does do a few fan meets, but any chance for an acting comeback has been pushed to 2016. [link] [link 2]