OMG. JOO JI HOON. Comeback!?
SBS has announced that they might air Daepoongsoo (tentative title), a 50-episode historical drama about the founding of the Joseon dynasty with Joo Ji Hoon headlining. It was supposed to go up by the end of 2011, but might be reconsidered for the end of 2012 since production is still in the air.
This would have been Joo’s comeback after he completes his service in November. He had also halted his acting career in 2009 due to being caught for illegal drug use.
I would be SO excited, because I really like him. He knows how to emote, and is the first (and rare) actor who made me cry while watching a drama (it was Goong). But since this is really way off in the future, I won’t keep my hopes up too high, since casting changes are sudden and fickle.
Oh who am I kidding? Kyaa!
- Speaking of fickle casting, Song Seung Hoon is not going to be in Brain – or at least, he hasn’t confirmed that he will be. Lollerz. ROFL. Production team: you screwed, man.
- Park Shin Hye headed to the airport, going to Ghana for the ‘STOP HUNGER’ campaign. She tweeted a photo of herself, and of course the netizens paid more attention to the fact that her airport fashion is just so chic rather than the good cause she’s supporting and acting as ambassador for.
- Jang Geun Suk and Yoona attended a script reading for Love Rain, where Jang’s character will do anything for Yoona’s character in the 1970s. That relationship is to be compared with relationships in the present day. I feel like this drama could be an insightful piece – albeit overly dramatic because its Yoon Suk Ho – on love, and yet it’s YOONA! Urgh. At least she’s laughing in the photo – not giving her placid smile.
- Another script reading! This time for Glorious Jae In – or Man of Honor. I kind of like the title Glorious Jae In better because I feel like Park Min Young is the main character, and the title should focus on her.
- Gu Hye Sun, Yoo Sun (film actress recently in “Glove”), and Lee Joon from MBLAQ are all set to star in a new SBS drama that follows Tree with Deep Roots. The drama, Fly Again, will air in January 2012 and is about an assistant pilot who wants to become the head pilot. They had a script reading on September 23. Goo will play a passionate co-pilot (who is probably the one trying to be the head pilot) and Lee Joon will play an airplane navigator with a picky attitude.
- Jang Dong Gun is going to star in a film with Cecilia Cheung (his costar in “The Promise”) and Zhang Ziyi. Called “Shanghai Project” it’s a Chinese remake of “Dangerous Liaisons.” OOOooooOOOHHHhh. Last versions of that French film that I saw were “Cruel Intentions” and “Untold Scandal” with Bae Yong Joon (which scarred me temporarily because I saw that film after I saw his “pure innocent” performance in Winter Sonata).