I’m sorely behind on news updates aren’t I? They come in bits and pieces… every three-four days or so…kekeke…Why the two dates? Because in my world, it’s already the 21st, but I SWEAR I was writing this on the 20th.
Anyways – it’s a complete TRAVESTY to see Yoona of SNSD be cast opposite Jang Geun Suk in the drama Love in the Rain, headed by the Four Seasons-director Yoon Suk Ho. She was chosen because she could portray “innocence and purity” required of the dual characters she’s playing (the mother in the 1970’s and the daughter in present time; Jang is doing the same thing with his character). Why do I hate the casting choice so much?
Because 1) I saw her in 9 End 2 Outs and she was irritating. She’s perfect at being annoying; and 2) I don’t see her appeal. I get that she kinda matches with Jang Geun Suk in terms of youth and looks, but she’s not amazing. I don’t see why people think she’s cute; I think her face is too expressionless save for a placid smile; she’s not even interesting in SNSD music videos; and I don’t think she’s someone who should headline a big drama like this.
I refuse to watch this drama, unless someone puts a head restraint on me to lock my eyes on the screen and watch her act. Call me violently biased, but hey, I can have my opinion on an actress right?
- Photos of Sung Yuri have surfaced of her volunteering. I’m a tad jaded when it comes to celebrities showing off their good deeds, but Sung is taking care of a baby! And it’s the cutest baby ever! How to resist? Nice to see she went from Romance Town to doing charitable works, rather than leap into another drama.
- Han Ye Seul will promote her upcoming film with Song Joong Ki “Penny Pinching Romance” During the press conference, this is what will happen:
Reporter: So what do you have to say about your quickie marriage in LA?
Han: What marriage? I left to protest the terrible working conditions of drama production! You know, no actor should stand for such hectic, draining, unhealthy practices. I want to be the face of resistance! We must fight against those insane producers who pack our schedules! We must urge scriptwriters to finish their scripts weeks in advance so we don’t end up in a live shoot system. We should probably advocate once-a-week dramas! You know what I mean, don’t you Joong-ki?!
Reporter: Yes, but… your marriage?
- Yoon Eun Hye was rumored to be in a Chinese-Korean-Japanese produced film called “Dong Jak Dae” (Three Kingdoms era, Chow Yun Fat, ’nuff said), but first, she needs to show off exactly how sexy she is. See – Gong Yoo tapped that. So did Kang Ji Hwan (to an extent). Keep it coming with the sexy modeling photoshoots, and you can have any male actor dying to star in a rom-com with you in the future. And raise the ire of jealous women everywhere. *looks at waist* *looks at Yoon’s* *smacks self in the forehead*
- Jung Il Woo took a photo of himself on the set of his upcoming drama Flower Boy Ramen Shop, and posted it on Twitter. He just had to prove once again that he is the perfect flower boy for this drama. (I pick him over Lee Min Ho any day… but City Hunter is changing my mind on that…slowly…) His new drama airs on October 31. (Ha! Halloween! Can he dress up as a flower girl? Wait… that has two totally different meanings… I choose the wedding-definition of that word!)
- Lee Jia WILL be in a new drama! It’s that MBC drama called Me too, Flower! – formerly known as Return of the Queen, which will air after Can’t Lose. She plays one of the ladies romanced by the leading male – who leads a double life. Yay. Still don’t really like her (*cough*Athena*cough). Kim Jae Won is also slated to star in the drama as that leading male.
- Oh crikey – Song Seung Hoon is going to show us that he’s SMART! The Hallyu actor has joined the cast of Brains. Or, as these articles seem to tell me, he’s replacing Lee Sang Yoon. Yep – we just might not have Lee Sang Yoon and Lee Young Ah anymore. And now another article says that Lee Hyun Jin and Kim Soo Hyun are no longer in the drama either. Great. Are we going to add Kim Tae Hee in the cast now?
source: asiae, star news, dramabeans, osen