Kim So Yeon doesn’t look too happy to be surprised when she’s eating her lunch. She’s a spy yunno, so she can kick your ass. Anyways – the above photo comes from the set of her new film “Coffee,” where she plays a barista during 19th century Korea. In the photo below, Joo Jin Mo shows off his sleekness as the Russian spy attempting to murder the king.
Freaky. I can’t wait for this movie to come out!
- The cast for High Kick 3 is so promising that I’m shocked! The full cast and character names was released today, and it stars Ahn Nae Sang (Royal Family) and Yoon Yoo Sun (My Girlfriend is a Gumiho) as a husband and wife who move in with Ahn’s brothers, Yoon Kye Sang and Seo Ji Suk. (Get what I mean by pedigree actors?) Lee Jong Suk (Secret Garden) and f(x)’s Krystal will play their children, singer Kang Seung Yoon is Lee’s friend, and Park Ha Sun (Dong Yi) is Yoon Yoo Sun’s colleague. Also starring are Kim Ji Won, comedienne Park Ji Sun, Go Yong Wook, and Baek Jin Hee. Julien Kang, who was in High Kick 2, will also appear here. I guess Lee Soon Jae won’t be around this time? I’m amazed they got all these actors to sign on for 100+ episodes. The tentative title is High Kick 3 – The Counterattack of the Short Legged Person. Whut?
- Han Hyo Joo is eyeing a role in a KBS drama called The Glory of Jae In. The series is about a young woman who overcomes being dumped. Um, ‘kay. Lee Jung Sub and Kang Eun Kyung, who were the brains behind Baker King Kim Tak Goo, are helming this drama.
- What is wrong with Birdie Buddy!? Now, tvN is stating that it might not air the drama at all. They had covered the contract throughly but they reached some difficulties towards the end in regards to scheduling. There’s also the issue about UEE’s management expecting the drama to be aired on a major broadcaster, and not tvN. Come. Onnnnn! Ugh.
- MC Mong is not going to military service. He was cleared of all charges, and can’t serve because he’s 32, one year older than the cut off age. He would only be able to if he was found guilty of pulling his teeth out on purpose to avoid the draft, and he even cried during the press conference. Tears of sadness? I don’t know and I don’t care, but to me they look like a show of remorse for the cameras, but not sincerity.
- In Taiwan, another star is evading army service – Ming Dao is still officially in school, having yet to graduate after 11 years in the university. He’s only completed 6 of his 74 credits, and at his rate he’ll be graduating in 20 years! His management company claims that he’ll enlist in 2013. His doppelganger Ethan Ruan says he’ll enlist after wrapping up his film “Love.” Last December, Ming Dao said that 2011 is too busy for him to go. Guess he’s all booked for 2012 too.