Oh my God. Just when you thought it was over…
The fight between Seo Taiji and Lee Jia rages on. I was already ready to move on to drama world – and they create their own drama in the headlines. Grr. Lee Jia had withdrawn her previous lawsuit, but apparently without notice to Seo Taiji’s side, and now he’s filing a lawsuit of his own. Yeah, I know right? His side wants to sort out the issue now, and so they’re both dragging their asses back to court on May 23.
I guess the reasoning is also that since everything is out in the open, they might as well sort out their problems rather than sweeping it under the rug. There’s no way they can escape this scandal anymore, so they might as well battle it out. Besides, who knows? What if Lee Jia decides to raise hell again and submit another lawsuit? I can understand if that’s Seo’s reasoning, but honestly? Why so public?
- Brian Joo cameos on Best Love on May 18. The drama has already snagged Park Shi Yeon for episodes 3 and 4, and since the drama takes place in the entertainment world, I’m sure more famous faces will pop up. Brian Joo is set to appear in episode 5 as an idol singer who met Kang Se Ri (Yoo In Na) while she was part of the idol group. Yoo also apparently appeared in a music video of his last year, and so this is sort of like returning the favor. His cameo is short…but I wonder if he could possibly have a scandal with Se Ri? More likely, he just appears as Se Ri’s school girl crush.
- More casting news: Lee Jin Wook (Air City, Choi Ji Woo’s ex-boyfriend) will now star in Spy Myung Wol. The drama has Han Ye Seul starring as a North Korean spy who falls in love with a South Korean actor. Lee will play her fellow North Korean spy who is her partner in her mission. He’s probably the third wheel as he watches his partner fall hopelessly in love with an actor. All I can think of is: “awkward turtle.” I mean, I wouldn’t want to be on the other end of the earpiece saying, “Myung Wol – key code!” while she’s all “OOOOHHH – Hallyu actor alert! Kissy kissy!” OK – that’s probably not going to happen, but I’m just saying that 1) I don’t think he’s an actor that would be cast to just be a lackey, and so if he does become the “second male lead”, 2) I don’t think this is going to be a strong love triangle. But we’ll see…
- Park Min Young stated in a recent interview that she feels most comfortable around Lee Min Ho in all the dramas she’s worked on. She’s known him for five years, and they both starred in the drama I Am Sam, as the photo below shows. (T.O.P.! Looking totally uninterested in cool T.O.P. fashion.) So – is this familiarity going to ensure that we will see good chemistry among the leads? Or no? (Because she also adds that she was worried about romantic scenes since she’s known him for so long.)
- There’s no point to this news bit, other than Jung Gyu Woon appearing at a Cartier event. I just wanted to post his picture.
- Yay! Jung Yong Hwa and So Yi Hyun on an evening “date” (him on a bike and she on heels)! Thanks to a fancam, we have a glimpse of their relationship on the drama Heartstrings. Jung looks really good in his getup. I mean, really. good.
sources: star news, newsen, allkpop, dramabeans