Looks like the media frenzy has done enough damage. Lee Jia dropped her lawsuit against Seo Taiji after realizing that it would be difficult to continue after all the pain she’s caused to the people around her. The media certainly made it worse on her than it could have been. Seo released a statement saying that they had married in 1997, separated in 2000, and divorced in 2006 despite efforts to mend their relationship. He had not expected this lawsuit at all. Papers were also released showing that the two had officially divorced in 2006 (rather than 2009, as Lee had claimed), and that she had waived her rights for spousal support from the singer.
OK – while she may have had a good reason for bringing up the lawsuit, can I just say how ridiculous it is that you created a media frenzy by claiming you divorced in 2009, and asking for money after you waived spousal support? Why lie?! Why go through all this chaos if you’re gonna lose this lawsuit anyways?
Did you really want to get revenge on Seo Taiji and just see if you could tarnish his image? (‘Cause that’s what her statement seemed to say to me.)
- Jo In Sung is going to be discharged from his army service on May 4. Get the flags a-ready! He worked in the air force, playing a saxophone for the air force band and emceeing various events with other stars in the military.
- Ji Chang Wook, Yoo Seung Ho, Yoon So Yi, and Yoon Ji Min (the supermodel ex-wife in Paradise Ranch) are all going to be in the upcoming sageuk drama Warrior Baek Dong Soo. Ji Chang Wook plays the leading role while Yoo is going to be his evil, jealous rival. Apparently, Yoo wanted the second male lead role – because he thought it was juicier. As for Yoon So Yi – I think she’ll play the love interest for Ji, while Yoon Ji Min might be…a gisaeng? a calculating Lady of the court?
- Kim Sung Hee, a former member of KARA, will be getting married on May 22 to Yang Won Joon, the eldest son of voice actor Yang Ji Woon (31). She had quit KARA due to pressure from her parents to continue her studies. The good thing is, now she’s free to marry! They met two years ago at a church event and grew closer when they participated in a musical together. Congrats to the new couple!
- A new cast member has been added to You’ve Fallen for Me! Actress Woori (seen at top photo) will be a fellow student at the college who initially had a crush on Jung Yong Hwa, but was rebuffed (because he’s too busy being infatuated with So Yi Hyun). She is comforted by Kang Min Hyuk (Jung’s buddy at school) and they end up being paired up together. How sweet! So the final pairings will be, Woori and Kang Min Hyuk; Park Shin Hye and Jung Yong Hwa; So Yi Hyun and Song Chang Ui? Drama done.
- Lee Seo Jin is making his drama comeback – for realz. He’s going to star in MBC drama Gyebaek, which is about General Gyebaek of Baekje who leads a fight against Shilla before the kingdom’s collapse. Sounds like that Spartan movie 300.
- And here’s a caption contest for 49 Days! (after the photo recap)